Top 5 trends in interior finishing that will elevate any room
Finishing touches make the room
Like icing on a cake, interior finishings make a room complete. Don’t overlook the impact a great door or wall treatment and trim can make to update a space. Give your clients the added wow factor with these interior finishing trends:
- Pre-Finished packages – Some vendors now offer packages with pre-painted mouldings that are specially formulated for durability and provide a consistent colour for professional results. These ready-to-install packages can help you save money and increase margins. According to Metrie, when comparing traditional primed materials versus pre-painted, you can save up to 6 days on the job site using their Metrie Complete® pre-finished moulding kit. Additionally, you have the potential to save up to $1,000 in labour and materials costs.*
- Shiplap is still in style! Shiplap creates a three-dimensional effect that is both elegant and modern. With its clean lines and square grooves, it defines bare walls while still keeping a bright and warm feel. It’s no wonder it’s so popular with homeowners!
- Bold monochrome trim is in – This year, interior designers are loving matching darker or bold colours of walls and trim to create a monochromatic look in a home. The uniform colour looks clean and sophisticated and makes rooms feel larger.
- Dark Doors – According to designer Courtney Hill, “painting an interior door in a rich colour adds warmth and character to the space [and] can provide an artistic element for the room.” Dark blues and blacks are trendy colours for doors this year.
- Industrial design – bold and clean – Industrial is a design style that uses heavy-duty materials to provide a
modern spin on a space by bringing together old and new – think urban and edgy. This trend is often seen in loft apartments and modern homes and uses utiliatarian, wood and metal materials. The moulding style that complements this design is bold and clean lines and sharp angles.